This is my last post for the year. As we roll into 2013, I am looking to hire a Research Analyst to support the TSIA research team. Below is an excerpt from the job description. The person will be working with all of the TSIA research leaders (TSIA Leadership Team).If you are interested in working with this dynamic team of individuals that are laser focused on the world of technology services, contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The primary function of the Research Analyst role is to support the research analysis of the research staff at TSIA. The Research Analyst will work with research leads to provide analysis and insight to TSIA members based on TSIA datasets and frameworks. The Analyst will also help research leads conduct industry studies. Over time, the Analyst will become a leading expert in both the data TSIA aggregates on the Technology Services industry and the key trends that are presenting themselves in these data sets.
Be the primary research support for TSIA service discipline research leads:
- Assist with development and deployment of surveys
- Assist with data analysis and research in support of service discipline research projects
- Assist with development of member benchmark assessments and other member deliverables
- Provide research assistance in support of service discipline writing/publication
Be the Benchmark/survey analytics guru
- Establish credentials as the in-house expert/power user of TSIA data sets.
- Provide pre-defined analyses.
- Respond to ad hoc requests for inquiry.
- B.S./B.A. in information systems, business, or data/analytics intensive social science discipline, such as psychology or economics
- Knowledge of off-the-shelf DB or analytical tools, such as Access DB or SPSS
- Experience in survey design and advanced data analysis
- Minimum of 2 years of industry experience, preferably in the technology industry; technology or technology services experience is a plus
- Strong customer service/customer relations skills. Have the ability to develop strong rapport and instant credibility. Ability to represent the association enthusiastically and effectively.
- Good verbal communication and written skills
- Strong (intermediate to advanced) computer skills, including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), are a must.
- Must be a strong team player, motivated by both individual and team achievement